The following research will help you in gathering more knowledge about Marilyn Flynn USC and her personal life.
God has given some people all the facilities of a luxurious life, but on the other hand, some people are deprived of it. But God has never been so cruel; he has made some people who work for others. Hence, known as social workers.
One such social worker in the United States is known for her work for the students and people who wished to pursue their further studies after high school. Marilyn Flynn is a social worker at the University of Southern California and works nationally.
To know more about Marilyn Flynn USC, check out this article.
Life of Marilyn Flynn
Marilyn Louise Flynn was born on November 25, 1933, in Canal Zone, Republic of Panama. She completed her graduation in 1951 from Balboa High School and further pursued advanced studies at Bradley University.
She spent her childhood with her parents, brothers, and sisters. She had been a great educator and spent 43 years of her life teaching and focusing on special education. She had been a speech pathologist, storyteller and mentor for childhood literacy. But this is not enough about Marilyn Flynn USC.
She earned degrees from California State University, followed by a PhD from the reputed University of Georgia. Out of 43 years of teaching, she spent the last 18 years working in Clayton County School.
Flynn died at the age of 87 on July 16, 2021, in Stockbridge, Georgia. She spent a remarkable life serving the welfare of others. She has been a courageous mentor for her family, friends and anyone who is in need. Her services were remarkable and praised by everyone. She is still remembered for her work by her colleagues, family and people whom she helped.
Work and Achievements of Marilyn Flynn USC
- Marilyn worked as the Dean at the University of Southern California. She was selected as the Dean of social work at USC in 1997 and became the second woman to grab this position in the history of 100 years.
- In a major civilian research University, she specialized in the top military social work. She greatly inflated the Hamovitch Center for Science and secured the Flynn prize that is respected nationally for social work research.
- She helped discover the American Academy of social work and welfare and worked as the President of BOD for the Network and social work management.
- The personality of Marilyn Flynn USC was recognized by everyone when she received the International Sarnat Award in 2012 from the National Association of Social Workers for Public Advancement of Social Work in Washington, DC.
- She was awarded USC Provost’s Prize in 2013 for Educational Innovation. She was also the recipient of the National Award for community and volunteer service by former President Obama.
Wrapping up the content, we got to know about such a great personality in just a few words, but her achievements are still uncountable. Her work for needy people made her immortal. Such personalities like Marilyn Flynn USC are eternal on this planet and will be remembered.
Do you want to share your views on Marilyn Flynn? Please comment below.
Also Read : – How Much Did Nick Diaz Make (Sep 2021) Check Details!