Emerald Diamond, image: Diamonds-USA
Emerald cut diamonds are a popular choice for those looking for a sleek and unique engagement ring. With their long, rectangular shape and step-cut facets, emerald cut diamonds offer a clean and classic look. However, buying an emerald can be a bit more complicated than buying a traditional round diamond. Below are few tips to follow when shopping for emerald cut diamonds:
- Understand the shape: The shape of this stone is its most defining characteristic. Look for a diamond that has a rectangular shape with long, straight lines and step-cut facets. Avoid diamonds that are too deep, with depth of 74% or higher, or too shallow with depth of less than 60%, as this will affect the diamond’s brilliance and fire.
- Check the symmetry: Emeralds often have poor symmetry which can make the diamond appear dull or unbalanced. Look for a diamond that has good symmetry, with all of the facets aligning properly.
- Consider the mm size: Emerald cut diamonds tend to look bigger than round diamonds of the same carat size. This is because the rectangular shape of the diamond can make the diamond appear larger when viewed from the top. When shopping for an emerald cut diamond, consider the length of the diamond in relation to this of your finger.
- Look at the cut grade: The cut grade of a diamond is an indication of how well the diamond has been cut and how well it will sparkle. Look for a diamond with an Ideal-Cut grade, in which the Depth is 65-68%, Table is 56 to 68% and crown Height is 8 to 14%.
- Be aware of the fluorescence: Fluorescence is a characteristic of some diamonds that can cause the diamond to appear cloudy or hazy when exposed to UV light. While it is not always a negative characteristic, be aware of the fluorescence and how it affects the appearance of the diamond.
- Get a Reputable certificate: Make sure the diamond you are buying comes with a GIA HRD AGs IGI or other reputable lab certificate. GIA is the strictest diamond grading lab. The certificate will give you detailed information about the diamond’s cut, color, clarity and carat weight.
- Compare price apples to apples, only compare diamonds with the same certificate origin: Diamond prices can greatly depend on the 4C’s, size and location of the diamond. Compare prices from several sources to ensure that you are getting the best possible deal.
- Shop around: Take your time and shop around compare online sources with brick and mortar jewelry shops, for the best results. Look at different diamonds in person to understand Emerald sizes, what you like and don’t like.
When shopping for an emerald cut diamond, it’s important to keep in mind that these diamonds are unique and require a different set of criteria for evaluation than round or other fancy shape diamond. Keep the above tips in mind to help you find the perfect Emerald cut diamond from Diamonds-USA.com for your collection.
Emerald Cut Diamond Engagement Rings-It’s never too late
Emerald and Baguettes diamonds bridal set
Emerald engagement rings are a beautiful and sophisticated choice for those looking for a unique and elegant ring. The long, rectangular shape of the emerald and its step-cut facets create a clean and classic look that is perfect for an engagement ring. Here are some tips to keep in mind when shopping for an emerald cut diamond engagement ring:
- Choose the right setting: The setting of an emerald cut diamond engagement ring is just as important as the diamond itself. A classic and popular setting for emerald cut diamond engagement rings is a four-prong setting, which allows for maximum light to enter the diamond, making it sparkle. Bezel and halo settings are also a great option for emerald cut diamond engagement rings.
- Look for a high-quality diamond: When shopping for an emerald cut diamond engagement ring, it’s important to look for a high-quality diamond with a high cut grade, good symmetry, and a high color and clarity grade.
- Consider the size: As mentioned before, emerald cut diamonds tend to look larger than round diamonds of the same carat weight. Therefore, when shopping for an emerald cut diamond engagement ring, consider the size of the diamond in relation to the size of her/your finger.
- Match the metal: The metal of the ring band should complement the diamond and the setting. Platinum and white gold are popular metal choices for emerald engagement rings as they enhance the diamond’s sparkle.
- Get a certificate: Make sure the diamond comes with a GIA certificate, it will give you detailed information about the diamond’s cut, color, clarity and carat weight.
In conclusion, emerald cut diamond engagement rings are a beautiful and sophisticated choice for those looking for a unique and elegant ring. Keep the above tips in mind when shopping for such ring, and you’ll be sure to find the perfect ring for your special day.