Do you love buying goods and services online? Then you might have faced both sweet and bitter happening. Online shopping is easy and saves lots of time hence popular Worldwide.
Suppose you had ordered something paying money through PayPal, but you didn’t receive the item on time or received the wrong item. Not getting a refund? Then read out this post on How To Get A Refund On Paypal If Scammed?
PayPal is an American-based company that serves its service in all parts of the world. It is an electronic substitute to conventional Money. The company’s headquarters are located in California, and its operations centre is located in Omaha, Nebraska.
For the current year, PayPal operates a total of 202 markets and has 377 million active accounts. It permits customers to transfer, acquire, and clutch Money in 25 currencies globally.
Specifications or Key Features
- Type: Public.
- Industry: Financial service provider.
- Product: Credit card, Payment system.
- Founded: 22 years ago, December 1998.
- Founder: Yu Pan, Elon Musk, Peter Thiel, Luke Nosek, Ken Howery, and Max Levchin.
- Located: Headquarters – United States.
- Services Provided: Worldwide.
How to use PayPal?
Learn here ten simple steps to start using PayPal:
- Visit PayPal’s official website and sign up for free.
- A new page opens you to choose between “Business” and “Personal” accounts. For shopping online, you choose Personal and tap on the Continue button.
- Now one needs to enter a name, email address and password and hit the “Next” button.
- In the next step, you need to give details of your address so that seller can reach you out; after that, click the check box to confirm that you have read and understood the agreement.
- Now two options will pop up: start shopping with a retailer and send Money to someone.
- Choose whichever option you want, and click on ‘get started.’
- On the next page, you can add your card details carefully.
- Whenever you shop online, if you see the PayPal logo, use it.
- While the transaction, you need to enter your email and password.
- Isn’t the process very easy? And makes your shopping experience hassle-free.
PayPal Refund Policy
Being a popular money transaction portal, many people had bitter experiences sometimes. If you are one of those looking for a method to get your money back safely, please continue reading. We have explained PayPal refund policies in the below section.
PayPal has designed various sets of policies to recover your money, but we have focused mainly on three unique and easy ways to refund buyers money back, namely:
- Purchase Protection
- 180-Day Refund Policy.
How To Get A Refund On Paypal If Scammed?
This refund policy can be specially used if you come across scammers. Purchase protection claims that the customer are protected if the following conditions are fulfilled.
- If PayPal notices extra charges or charges for no reason on their account.
- User ordered the item but never received the item they shopped.
- Order received but different item. Under these circumstances, Purchase protection is helpful to claim your refund.
- But make sure you file a dispute within 180 or 60 days.
- Prepaid cards, Real-estate, goods against company policies, Purchases made in person, Money sent to friends and family, Donations, and Industrial machinery; these cases are not considered for refund under purchase protection.
180-day Refund Policy
Suppose you have ordered some item online and the product is not received yet. Then you can cancel the payment from your end only. Visit the activity page and cancel the transaction. This is applicable only if the transaction is pending.
If in case amount is still pending for 30 days, then money will be refunded to your account automatically. You can also try to get a refund by directly contacting the seller and request the refund.
PayPal offers every user to file a dispute and to submit a refund request within 180 days from the time of their purchase.
This method is best compared to the other two if you come across any scam through PayPal. You have to file Chargeback, sit back, and relax; PayPal takes rest care. When PayPal sees a chargeback, they understand there is some problem. So instantly, they freeze the filed amount until the issue is resolved.
Chargebacks are usually initiated:
- When customers don’t receive the product, they ordered, received a damaged item, or were different from what was shown.
- Unrecognized charges.
- Fraudulent Charges.
- Duplicate charges
Chargeback refund policy is the quickest and best method of Refund policy. One can register a complaint by Phone, Email or Dispute letter within 60 days of the incident. We hope How To Get A Refund On Paypal If Scammed post helped you.
Another Method to Try
Have you tried to contact the seller for a refund? But didn’t find any result? The next step you can try is to file a dispute through PayPal’s Resolution Center.
Registering disputes through the resolution center is possible only on PayPal’s site and not using the app. If the seller is not responding even after 20 days, you can further take the issue to PayPal.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have picked up some commonly asked questions related to PayPal refund; please check out as it may help you.
Q1. What is the official website of PayPal?
Q2. Does Chargeback cost any fee?
A2. No, one can file a complaint free of cost.
The Bottom Line
Overall, we would say the scam is common in the digital world, but you should know how to fix the problem.
We have explained three amazing refund policies of PayPal. So please refer to it and get back your money. This is from our end and for more details, you may visit the official site of PayPal.
How To Get A Refund On Paypal If Scammed? Please comment if you have anything to share about the topic. Moreover, if you want to know more details or everything about the PayPal scam, please visit this link.