How to write a good essay? We’ll walk you through how to produce an essay that builds your case and gets you noticed. Check out the entire post.
Students should write the essay according to the following algorithm:
- Carefully read and analyze all suggested citations for writing the essay.
- Choose the most suitable topic for you. Being able to count on potential counter-arguments and protect yourself from them is a valuable strategy that will strengthen your position. However, if you attempt to present an overly simplified or overstated version of your opponent’s position, dismissing it and asserting that its solid state must be preserved, you make this logical mistake.
- When writing an essay, it is necessary to use knowledge of social science course – concepts and theoretical positions. That is why it is essential to perform the assignment with unknown or incomprehensible content. You need to know the academic material on the topic and operate with the concepts on this topic, have personal experience, or be able to make arguments from everyday life or history. You can search for professional help, just like you search for help with history, as many writing services are created to help you with the task.
- Descriptions of life are essential for demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the topic.
Do not write “everything you know” hoping that “something” will be recognized. Describe the main characteristics of the theory of social identity. Assess the value of the view of social identity as an explanation of interpersonal perception.
- It is essential to relate the topic to the context in which it is presented.
It may turn out that the student can disclose the statement’s meaning, for example, in a sociological context. Still, the economic context is given, or they see the statement’s purpose in the political science framework, and the legal context is given.
- Your essay must be logical.
This involves a logically connected discussion leading to certain conclusions, so if you cannot make a rational foundation of this kind, it is advisable to think about choosing another phrase.
- Preliminary questions are designed to help you structure your essay.
In addition, they often tell you how to present your assessment material. In this case, you are asked to evaluate social identity theory to see how it can explain the process of interpersonal perception. You need to be convinced that you are doing just that and not more of a general evaluation.
- Determine the main thought of the word. For this purpose, it is essential to establish a thematic link between the statement and the social studies course.
Select the theoretical material on this topic. Specify which concepts you will use and which speculative statements you need to disclose.
- Determine whether you agree with the statement, and throw out arguments “for” and “against.” Each argument has fine examples, facts from public life, history, and personal experience. Facts, not abstract speculation (which is one of the typical mistakes in writing an essay)
- Check whether there is a logical connection between the parts of the essay.
- Formulate a general conclusion.
Thus, you should have the case according to this plan:
- Introduction. You must briefly state the problem’s relevance and paraphrase the statement in your own words (The point of the report is that …)
2) The central part. You must either agree with the word or interpret it, but you have to explain your point of view. You can start with “I disagree (a) / I disagree (a).”
3) Work with the thesis that must be carried out according to this plan:
- The position (I think that …) or a rhetorical question (Have you ever thought about …?) is voiced
- The reasons are given (because …)
- Provided arguments (you can confirm them with examples …)
- Interrelationships are established (because …).
4) The conclusion must contain a short decision. It is also possible to link the received findings to the country’s future, the world, the society.
Never forget to read your essay because submitting a paper without a reservation is crucial to receiving a good grade.
Before submitting, check them for errors and omissions and make any necessary corrections. Read your essay again and again until you are satisfied with its quality.