Want to know How Many Concacaf Teams Go to the World Cup? Read the content and get yourself aware of the latest updates of the match.
Do you love to watch the tournaments? Are you curious to know which teams have got the ticket to the final match? Then you are at the right platform as today’s content focuses on highlighting the details of Concacaf teams.
All the enthusiastic fans of Canada and the United States are eagerly waiting for the World Cup. The last match in Toronto brought the update that out of five matches, four were a draw and one was a win.
How Many Concacaf Teams Go to the World Cup? Let’s explore and find out.
Will Concacaf qualify for its World Cup?
The scoreboard shows one win and four draws. However, they might not sound like you a lot. But the fans must be optimistic and hope that Concacaf will qualify for its first World Cup after 1986 due to various reasons –
- As two draws were against Mexico and U.S
- Nine matches are still left to increase their score
- They have defeated EI Salvador.
- The tie was there while playing against Jamaica and Honduras
- In the first round, it was seen that out of the top-six scorers, three were from Concacaf.
How Many Concacaf Teams Go to the World Cup?
The team is qualified according to the region. Concacaf belongs to Central America, the Football Association of the Caribbean, and the Confederation of North.
The top three teams have qualified for entry to the World Cup while the fourth has to play a two-game playoff series with the opposite team of another region to make its place in the big tournament. The winner will be decided according to the aggregated score.
What are three rounds of qualification?
As you know the answer to How Many Concacaf Teams Go to the World Cup, let’s have a brief look at the rounds that need to be qualified by Concacaf.
- The first round begins with 30 teams divided into six different groups. The winner from each group makes its way to the second round. Particularly about the Canadian team, they defeated Aruba, Bermuda, Suriname, and the Cayman Islands.
- In the second round, which was played in June, winners of the first round were paired for a two-legged playoff series. Here, Haiti had a draw with the Canadian team while the rest two games were won.
- The third round indicates How Many Concacaf Teams Go to the World Cup. In this, three leftover teams joined five top-ranked teams where they had to face 14 matches. The scores are given as follows: three for winning, zero for loose, and one for drawing.
Apart from this, you can also check the highlights of the 2022 FIFA world cup and know about the format, schedule, and other details.
Wrapping the content, we tried our best to make you aware of the latest World Cup qualification criteria in March 2022. Moreover, by sharing the answer of How Many Concacaf Teams Go to the World Cup, we analyzed the team that has the best chance to qualify for the World Cup 2022.
What are your views about the last match? Comment and share with us.