This article describes an important examination conducted for high school students and the scoring charts. Read more details about the Geometry Regents Curve.
Are you eager to know about the scoring of a recent mathematical exam? Are you curious about the results and the methods used to evaluate your answers? Then, keep reading this write-up to gain detailed insight into this topic.
High school students, their parents and teachers from the United States are anxious about the result of the recently conducted mathematics-based examination. Let’s look at the Geometry Regents Curve and other major important aspects of the NYSED examination and its official valuation.
Regents Examination 2022 and Geometry
The NYSED Regents Exams for geometry got conducted on 21st June 2022. The exam started at 9:15 am, and the maximum time allocated for completing the exam was 3 hours.
The official exam conversion chart is not yet available to the students. The chart gets published on or before 24th June 2022. The rating day for all the Regents Exams is on 24th June 2022. Learn more important details associated with the Geometry Regents 2022.
Why are NYSED Regents Exams Important?
- NYSED Regents Exams are one of the prominent exams taken by highschooler to attend various diploma courses.
- The major feature of the Regents Exams that makes it stand out from other competitive exams is its focus on regents in specific subjects rather than broad subjects.
- The subjects included in the examination are English Language Arts, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, Global History & Geography, US History & Government, Earth Science, Living Environment, Physics and Chemistry.
- There are three main types of questions: multiple-choice, essay responses and short-answer.
Geometry Regents Curve 2022
- The Regents curve for geometry is based on the four parts of the questions. The four parts include MCQs, Constructed Response (Short), Constructed Response (Medium) and Constructed Response (Long).
- The MCQs consist of a total of 24 questions, Constructed Response (Short) with 8 questions, Constructed Response (Medium) with 4 questions and Constructed Response (Long) with one question.
- The students who score these 37 questions correctly get a raw score of 80/80 and a scale score of 100/100.
- The students can easily find their raw scores, scale scores and performance level using the official answer keys.
Scoring Information on Geometry
- Following the Geometry Regents Review, students who provide irrelevant, incoherent and incorrect answers get a zero-credit score.
- The credit score gets awarded to the students based on the answer key for the particular question.
- Proper mathematical steps that help solve the question get awarded the maximum credit score.
- Students are rewarded with a credit score of one if they fail to execute the right mathematical steps.
Have you tried solving the Geometry Regents Practice Questions? Kindly comment your feedback on this topic below.