This article gives information about the Citi ID Code Scam and highlights the points to the readers of protecting their information from the scam. Read it once.
Do you receive any text messages from Citi Bank? Does the text message make you doubt the code Citi bank sent to your email? Many users in the United States have received the codes, and everyone wants to know their authenticity.
Therefore, in this article, we will discuss everything about the Citi ID Code Scam and tell the readers how they can protect themselves from these scams. So, let’s check it out the complete information in the below post.
Does Citi Bank deliver any suspicious text messages?
Recently, many activities have been going on the internet as the United States people get suspicious emails and messages from Citi Bank. This scam tricks the person into giving the scammers OTP so that they can get access to your account and information.
When you give them the OTP (One Time Password), you will surrender your banking username, password and all the verification codes for payments.
How do people react to Citi ID Code Scam?
This news is trending on Twitter that the scammers are using the name of the Citi bank to take information from the people. All the users of Citi bank are worried as no one knows which message is genuine and which one is fake.
That’s why the bank has taken matters into their hand and started protecting the accounts of its users from these hackers. On Twitter, you will find that the bank is helping everyone, so their money stays safe and secure.
How to know whether the Citi bank email is genuine or not?
If you want to protect yourself from the Citi ID Code Scam, then it is vital to keep your eyes focused and activate your eye for detail. Here are the points you need to consider while receiving an email from Citi bank.
- Citibank never sends text messages or links from a 10-digit phone number. The messages and links from the authentic Citi bank come from 5-6-digit numbers.
- Take a look at the URL after clicking the link from the email.
- If the URL has a section like tripleprodcoes.com.br, it means that it comes from a fake website and the page isn’t original.
- Most people fall into the Citi ID Code Scam because they didn’t look at the URL details.
- Most people receive the email of tripleprodcoes.com.br, a hotel name in Brazil.
- The scammers get to ask for the One-time pin, and after you put the pin, they will get the information. When you recheck the page, you will see a message that the page is under work due to technicalities.
These points will help you know the fake website and phishing messages which will help protect your bank account and other personal information that are stored with the bank.
Ultimately, every user can dodge the Citi ID Code Scam if they become attentive and contact Citi bank whenever they find anything suspicious. It’s better to take the expert’s opinion than risk exposing everything. Also Refer, How To Avoid Scam?
Do you find this article helpful in finding out about the scam? Please share your opinion with us.