Can I Take CBD Oil for Pain Management: The popularity of CBD oil for wellness has increased over the past few years after the passing of 2018 Farm Bill. CBD (cannabidiol) is a non-psychoactive cannabis compound with a wide range of highly potential health benefits. It normally interacts with different receptors in the body in the endocannabinoid system to promote wellness.
While CBD is renowned for helping with improving various physical complications, it’s also ideal for managing mental health issues such as anxiety. This article reviews CBD oil for anxiety management and its effectiveness. Besides that, it also highlights the potential downsides of using CBD oil.
Does CBD Oil Help with My Anxiety?
Yes, using CBD oil can help relieve your anxiety symptoms. Anxiety is a feeling of unease, fear, or worry, and several factors can trigger it. While you can manage it using clinical medications, CBD is also proving to be an effective source of alternative therapeutics.
What Types of Anxiety Disorders Can CBD Oil help with?
Generally, CBD oil is used to manage the symptoms of behavioral anxiety. However, studies show that using such a product can help ease other forms of anxiety, such as:
- Panic disorder
- Generalized anxiety
- Social anxiety disorder
- Anxiety-induced insomnia
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
What does Research Say About CBD and Anxiety?
A 2015 review indicates that CBD for anxiety usually interacts with receptors such as serotonin, type 1 CB1R, and others in the brain. As a result, the organic cannabis compound regulates fear and other anxiety-induced behaviors. It’s worth noting that low serotonin levels have been associated with anxiety. CBD works to regulate the production of serotonin hormones which help to decrease anxiety symptoms and regulate good moods.
How to Use
CBD is a versatile compound, and you can find it in many forms. But due to the lack of FDA regulation, finding a good CBD based product can become very hard. Even if you find a good quality CBD oil product, the effectiveness of the oil varies from person to person. Besides that, one method may be effective for some people and ineffective for others. You can use CBD for anxiety in the following forms:
- Tinctures: they are made for sublingual intake. CBD tinctures usually come in bottles with droppers. You need to place the recommended oil drops under the tongue, wait for a few seconds and then spit it. Generally, CBD tinctures provide almost instant effects, which also wear off shortly.
- Gummies: these are delicious, chewable, and sweet edibles that usually come in several fruity flavors. Even though the effects of CBD gummies usually take longer to kickstart, they will remain in your system for hours on end.
What Amount of Dosage Should I Take to Alleviate Anxiety?
As mentioned before finding an effective CBD oil to reduce anxiety is very hard but a very important step, and the dosage also influences the effects. According to experts, it’s important to start with a small dose and gradually work your way up. This depends on how your body reacts to CBD oil. Many clinical trials indicate that the best doses for anxiety relief include:
- 300 mg for male patients (in a speech simulation)
- 600 mg for patients with SAD (in a speech simulation)
However, these are extremely high doses, and other clinical trials indicate that lower CBD doses are still effective for anxiety. This includes:
- 33-49 mg daily for PTSD
- 25-75 mg for generalized anxiety
It’s important to first consult your doctor before using CBD oil for anxiety management, especially if you are under medication.
CBD Oil Side Effects
CBD has a good safety profile. However, some consumers may still experience unwanted side effects. This could be due to genetics, metabolism, or simply an allergic response. If you are taking CBD oil for anxiety, some of the side effects you might experience include:
- Dry mouth/ dry eyes
- Weight gain
- Change in appetite
- Change in sleep patterns
To avoid experiencing a dry mouth or dry eyes, ensure that you drink lots of water before and after using CBD oil. Take note that CBD may also interact with certain medications, such as blood thinners. If you have an underlying health problem or taking prescription medications, consult your doctor first before using CBD oil. If your CBD side effects are severe, seek immediate medical assistance.
How to Purchase the Right CBD Oil for Anxiety?
There are many brand options, which might make it challenging to choose the right CBD oil for anxiety. It should be noted that the most effective CBD oil brands on the market usually have independent 3rd-party lab test results. This is important for their reputation and ensuring that their CBD products are accredited. Besides that, other factors to consider to ensure that you make the right purchase include:
- Source: the best CBD oil for anxiety management should be purely from organic sources. Industrial hemp for CBD extraction is a bioaccumulator, and it normally absorbs elements in its surroundings. For safety and effectiveness, consider organically cultivated hemp sources.
- Extraction method: CO2 extraction method is currently the industry standard. It normally produces high-quality and non-contaminated CBD compounds.
- 3rd party lab tested: Be always on the look out for product that are verified and tested by reputed 3rd party laboratories.
- Pricing: CBD products aren’t cheap. If you see unusually cheap CBD oils or it seems too good to be true. Avoid those oils.
It’s normal to experience anxiousness, worry, or fear occasionally. However, sometimes this feeling might be frequent and with significant effects. If you are dealing with anxiety, you can use CBD oil as an alternative source of therapy. CBD, a non-psychoactive cannabis compound, usually increases the production of serotonin chemicals which is important in regulating mood. But to attain the desired effects, consider starting with a smaller dosage and gradually working your way up. Besides that, you should consider using organic CBD products from reputable manufacturers with independent 3rd-party lab test results. If you experience any unusual effects while using CBD oil for anxiety management, discontinue use and seek immediate medical assistance.