- Target Epithermal Gold-Silver plus high grade indium in del Indio vein; disseminated gold in silicified breccias. Zinc, lead and other base metal mineralization intercepts.
- JV PartnerNovaGold
- NI 43-101 Report No report completed to date.
- Hectares 118,426
- Report Download PDF
- Ore targets are high grade gold-silver deposits in epithermal veins and disseminated in Jurassic volcanics.
- 108 holes have been drilled, all carrying values.
- Marifil owns a 51% interest in San Roque, with NovaGold (TSX: NG) holding the remaining 49%.
- Good location with a nearby water supply, skilled workforce, paved highway, railway, and port.
Phase 1 Drilling highlights include:
- 120.0 meters grading 3.06 g/t gold equivalent (Drill hole MSR-0009)*
- 144.5 meters grading 1.73 g/t gold equivalent (Drill hole MSR-0013)*
Phase 2 Drilling highlights include:
- 35.0 meters grading 2.27 g/t gold (Drill hole DDHMSR 0034)**
- 116.0 meters grading 1.77 g/t gold equivalent (Drill hole DDHMSR 0020)**
- 65.0 meters grading 3.66 g/t gold equivalent (Drill hole DDHMSR 0029)**
Business / Work Plan
- To expand the extensive and open-ended zones of high-grade indium (In), gold (Au) and/or base metals, particularly zinc (Zn) and lead (Pb) previously identified by drilling in the Del Indio zone (now called the Zone 33 Area.
- To complete initial drilling on a number of newly identified areas that surface geochemical sampling, and a new IP (geophysics) study show to be prospective for similar base metal/indium mineralization.
*Phase 1 drill results have been reviewed by Heather Brown, P.Geo, GIS Database Geologist for NovaGold and a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101. For more information on the results please see Marifil's July 20, 2011 news release or NovaGold's July 21, 2011 news release.
**Phase 2 drill results have been reviewed by Heather Brown, P.Geo, who is a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101. For more information on Phase 2 drill results please see Marifil's February 14, 2012 news release.