Properties

San Roque

  • Target Epithermal Gold-Silver plus high grade indium in del Indio vein; disseminated gold in silicified breccias. Zinc, lead and other base metal mineralization intercepts.
  • JV PartnerNovaGold
  • NI 43-101 Report No report completed to date.
  • Hectares 118,426
  • Report Download PDF

Overview

  • Ore targets are high grade gold-silver deposits in epithermal veins and disseminated in Jurassic volcanics.
  • 108 holes have been drilled, all carrying values. 
  • Marifil owns a 51% interest in San Roque, with NovaGold (TSX: NG) holding the remaining 49%.
  • Good location with a nearby water supply, skilled workforce, paved highway, railway, and port.

Work Completed

Phase 1 Drilling highlights include:

  • 120.0 meters grading 3.06 g/t gold equivalent (Drill hole MSR-0009)*
  • 144.5 meters grading 1.73 g/t gold equivalent (Drill hole MSR-0013)*

Phase 2 Drilling highlights include: 

  • 35.0 meters grading 2.27 g/t gold (Drill hole DDHMSR 0034)**
  • 116.0 meters grading 1.77 g/t gold equivalent (Drill hole DDHMSR 0020)**
  • 65.0 meters grading 3.66 g/t gold equivalent (Drill hole DDHMSR 0029)**

Business / Work Plan

Drilling Objectives

  • To expand the extensive and open-ended zones of high-grade indium (In), gold (Au) and/or base metals, particularly zinc (Zn) and lead (Pb) previously identified by drilling in the Del Indio zone (now called the Zone 33 Area.
  • To complete initial drilling on a number of newly identified areas that surface geochemical sampling, and a new IP (geophysics) study show to be prospective for similar base metal/indium mineralization.

*Phase 1 drill results have been reviewed by Heather Brown, P.Geo, GIS Database Geologist for NovaGold and a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101. For more information on the results please see Marifil's July 20, 2011 news release or NovaGold's July 21, 2011 news release.

**Phase 2 drill results have been reviewed by Heather Brown, P.Geo, who is a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101. For more information on Phase 2 drill results please see Marifil's February 14, 2012 news release.  

Maps

 

Photos