- Target Silver-Gold-Copper in Epithermal Breccias
- NI 43-101 Report Download PDF
- Hectares 43,621
- Located in Rio Negro Province near the small town of Los Menucos
- The most prominent mineralization on the property is the Toruel vein. This vein system comprises a fissure vein with numerous smaller veins splitting off the main vein to form smaller, sub-parallel veins.
- The main vein system can be divided into three blocks, an eastern block, central block, and a western block, each block separated by high angle faults.
- The western block is shorter than the east block, geochemical values are lower (although still strongly anomalous), but the vein system is verywide, ranging up to 150 meters. Company geologists believe these outcrops represent the top of a strong hydrothermal system.
- The central block is 350 to 400 meters wide and occupies a valley. Only a few outcrops are present but all show very high grades in silver and copper.
- The western block has strongly silicified areas >10m wide, along the main structure and with a strong sericitic alteration assemblage. The central part of the structure is a quartz vein 0.50 m thick. The gold anomalies are lower than 1 g/t and with silver values generally less than 200 g/t .*
- The eastern block shows more pronounced topography and forms a low ridge up to 20 m high and 100 m wide. The vein system has a geometry of splays and horse tail veins and veinlets splitting off of the main structure.
- This part of the vein can be traced for more than 1,200 m along strike and is still open-ended. The main part of this vein averages more than 5 m wide and surface channel samples show silver values averaging in excess of 400 g/t with one sample containing 5,871 g/t silver.*
The ore targets are large epithermal veins and breccias hosted in Jurassic volcanics. The veins and breccias contain silver-copper-gold plus lead and zinc. Some of the drill intercepts contain bonanza grades exceeding 1,000 g/t silver and 5% copper. Veins and breccias occur across a belt more than 2 km wide and more than 8 km in length. The Company has drilled 63 holes and is now calculating preliminary reserves.*
Business / Work Plan
Marifil is actively seeking a joint venture partner for Toruel.
*For more information on results please view the NI 43-101 report above. This report has been reviewed and approved by John Hite, President of Marifil Mines Ltd. Mr. Hite is a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101.